A Trauma-Informed Approach to Treatment
Mindfulness exercises are designed to give you a sense of unity between your mind and body. They enhance your feeling of unity between the psychological and physical self. Mindfulness practices use physical and psychological exercises to enhance your physical and psychological wellness.
Some examples include:
- Tai chi
- Qi gong
These all combine physical exercise with deliberate breathing. Mindfulness-based therapy in Los Angeles gives you physical and psychological benefits.
Ready for help? Call us today to review your insurance benefits and find the right level of care.
You are more than your body. Whatever physical obstacles you might experience can be overcome with mindfulness.
Mindfulness can teach you:
- An understanding of new things
- A sense of acceptance over things that once frightened you
- A sense of self-confidence
Feelings like anxiety or fear manifest when we feel as though we can’t control the future. When a feeling or emotion seems unmanageable, it is usually because we believe it will never end.
Mindfulness helps us come back to the present and manage this moment alone. This makes managing the feelings or emotions that previously seemed huge easier.
Mindfulness-based treatment in Los Angeles can help you manage your emotions. Irritability, anxiousness, or anger can make it difficult to think clearly about people’s motives, intentions, or how you should respond.
Basic mindfulness tools can teach you to take a moment when someone says something to you that causes a gut reaction of anger, depression, or hurt.
Instead of getting trapped down a cycle of worries about what that person might be implying, whether they knew about something you did in your past and were poking fun at you, you focus instead on the present moment. Taking in your environment, you appreciate that whatever was said was likely said without any other pretense and, therefore, shouldn’t cause an over-emotional reaction.
Being grounded means being connected to the present moment. With LA mindfulness treatment, you can learn to be grounded and connect with your breathing or the environment, no matter what is happening outside.
- With mindfulness-based therapy in Los Angeles, if you receive an unexpected medical bill, tax bill, or any other unanticipated cost, you can avoid spiraling into depression or anxiety because of your fears over money by focusing on the present, being mindful of what active steps you need to take next in order to pay that bill. This might include simply asking about a payment plan, asking for an advance at work, or taking on a temporary second job knowing that you have a few months before the deadline.
- Los Angeles mindfulness therapy can help you control positive or negative emotions. If you get excited over something and you immediately want to celebrate, mindfulness can help you reign in any manic responses and celebrate responsibly.
- After LA mindfulness treatment can help you with everyday things like being stuck in traffic. “Tail Light Meditation” is one example of mindfulness meditation you can use if you are stuck in traffic, focusing on the tail lights or brake lights in front of you and using them as a replacement for a single phrase or word during meditation.
- Mindfulness-based treatment in Los Angeles can also help you stay grounded during fights when daily stress at home manifests or you are running late. Mindfulness can help you focus on the present and overcome the unending “what ifs” list you might have in your head about what will happen if you are late or if the dishes don’t get washed tonight.
Don’t wait to get treatment. Satori Health can help you find the right outpatient program today.
We Work With Most Insurance
We will get to know you and your personal needs when seeking treatment.
Our goal for each client is to provide you with the tools needed to thrive & enjoy life.