How We Treat ADHD/ADD at Satori Health
ADHD/ADD Treatment in Los Angeles
Depression can be overwhelming. Our highly educated, trained psychiatrists provide treatment for those with clinical depression who are in need of a treatment program.
Satori Health’s anxiety treatment program restores equilibrium and helps people heal from anxiety disorders by identifying the underlying causes of the anxiety.
Bipolar disorder causes intense shifts in an individual’s thoughts, behavior, and energy. With our effective bipolar disorder treatment program, a healthy, stable life is within reach.
ADD/ADHD can manifest in many ways, but there are some common signs and symptoms that you can look out for.
DSM-V Criteria for ADHD
Before receiving a diagnosis of ADHD, a person must meet the criteria laid out in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V)
The DSM-V is published by the American Psychiatric Association and is used by mental health professionals to diagnose mental disorders.
A person must demonstrate at least six of the following symptoms before diagnosis:
- Frequently fails to pay close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork, at work, or with other activities
- Often fails to sustain attention in regular tasks
- Often appears not to listen when spoken to
- Often does not follow through on instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or duties in the workplace
- Often has trouble organizing tasks and activities
- Often avoids, dislikes, or is reluctant to engage in tasks that require sustained mental effort
- Often loses things necessary for tasks or activities
- Is often easily distracted by extraneous stimuli
- Is often forgetful in daily activities
One of the fundamental treatments for mental health at Satori Health is our cognitive-behavioral therapy program.
At our dialectical behavior therapy program, you’ll quickly learn that your thoughts, emotions, and behaviors are all interconnected.
With EMDR therapy at Satori Health, you can overcome trauma and ensure that it no longer disrupt and take control of your life.
If you or someone you know is struggling with ADHD, there are options available for treatment for ADHD in Los Angeles. Generally, ADD/ADHD is most effectively treated with a combination of medication and therapy.
Medication can be used to manage the day-to-day symptoms of ADHD, while therapy can help to teach coping and problem-solving skills.
Some of the most frequently prescribed ADHD therapies are
Therapy can help teach ADHD coping and problem-solving skills and methods to control impulsive behaviors. In addition, behavioral therapy can guide the person in managing their time better, setting goals, and sticking to a schedule.
Often play therapy is used with younger school-aged children. In play therapy, the therapist uses games and toys to help the child express their feelings, learn how to cope with ADHD, and healthily play with others.
Counseling can help the person with ADHD understand their diagnosis and learn how to cope with their symptoms.
Additionally, it can help the person identify and change negative thinking patterns and provide support to the person and their family members.
Many different types of medication can be prescribed for ADHD. Stimulant medications are often the first line of treatment, and non-stimulant medications may also be prescribed.
Working with a qualified mental health professional to find the proper medication and dosage for you or your child is essential.
Medication can help improve focus, attention, and impulsive behavior. However, it is essential to note that medication is not a cure for ADHD and often needs to be taken long-term.
- Stimulant medication: This medication is the most effective treatment for ADHD. Stimulant medication helps to increase levels of dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain, which can help to improve focus and concentration.
- Non-stimulant medication: This type of medication is not as effective as stimulant medication, but it can be helpful for people who cannot tolerate or do not respond to stimulant medication.
Parent training is a behavioral therapy that can help parents learn how to support their child with ADHD better.
Through parent training, caregivers are taught how to manage ADHD symptoms at home, set up routines, and provide positive reinforcement.
Additionally, parent training can also help parents learn how to communicate effectively with their children and navigate problematic behavior.
We Work With Most Insurance
Contact our caring team of treatment specialists to learn more about Satori.
We will get to know you and your personal needs when seeking treatment.
Begin treatment at our world-class facility and let us work together to help you find healing.
Our goal for each client is to provide you with the tools needed to thrive & enjoy life.