A Trauma-Informed Approach to Treatment
Depression can be overwhelming. Our highly educated, trained psychiatrists provide treatment for those with clinical depression who are in need of a treatment program.
Satori Health’s anxiety treatment program restores equilibrium and helps people heal from anxiety disorders by identifying the underlying causes of the anxiety.
Bipolar disorder causes intense shifts in an individual’s thoughts, behavior, and energy. With our effective bipolar disorder treatment program, a healthy, stable life is within reach.
Family therapy in Los Angeles should be used as part of any mental health treatment program where your family needs to improve the family system, improve communication, Implement healthier lifestyles, or learn how to support you.
There can be many goals you want to achieve with family therapy, but because it involves multiple people, you have to consider what other members of your family are willing to contribute and what goals they might have.
Family therapy has two goals: First, to help your family members support your positive mental health, and second, to strengthen the bonds between all members.
What goals you set will be unique to your family. In fact, the goals you set as a group might change as you progress and decide on new milestones.
- One goal might be reconciliation if your family struggles with distrust, perhaps because of lying or secretive behavior in the past.
- If your family feels guilty, one goal could be forgiveness. This can be forgiving yourself for the hurt you may have caused your family and your family forgiving themselves for not supporting you, hurting you, or judging you.
- If there is unresolved conflict in your family, your therapy goals could be to reach an agreement and resolution for that conflict.
- If your family harbors feelings of anger, a goal could be to reach a peaceful settlement.
- If there is sadness in your family, then everyone might learn how to provide quality support to one another instead.
- Sometimes families are frustrated because they don’t understand what is happening. Therapy goals include providing better education about mental health disorders in these cases.
- If family members are stressed, therapy goals can be to give them strength and skills to manage that stress in a healthy fashion.
Usually, you don’t start family therapy right away. It’s a very helpful treatment, but only after you have started your initial recovery and made some progress.
Getting mental health treatment is a very personalized endeavor, and it takes a lot of time to make the necessary adjustments and implement new coping strategies. After you have remained dedicated to using new behavioral patterns and feel comfortable with your improved thoughts and emotional control, you can add family therapy sessions to your recovery plan so that everyone can learn more about helping you remain on the right track.
When you start family therapy, there will be a leader who facilitates an open discussion. That professional might be a psychiatrist, social worker, counselor, or similar professional. Family therapy differs from individual counseling, so it requires special training. The people leading your sessions will have that training and be respectful throughout.
You will meet together in an office at a predetermined time. You might meet once or twice per week, depending on your schedule and treatment program. Sometimes specialists will meet with the entire family or all the people who are participating in treatment. Other times they might work one-on-one or with a segment of the whole family for one or two sessions. But this looks different for everyone, and your therapist will explain what to expect before you start treatment.
The length of your program will vary based on your needs, your budget, and what other family members are willing to contribute.
You can get customized treatment today, including family therapy in Southern California. Call Satori Health to learn more partial hospitalization program in Southern California.
We Work With Most Insurance
Contact our caring team of treatment specialists to learn more about Satori.
We will get to know you and your personal needs when seeking treatment.
Begin treatment at our world-class facility and let us work together to help you find healing.
Our goal for each client is to provide you with the tools needed to thrive & enjoy life.